28 December 2017
Now that you’ve vowed to get to the gym more, take some time to help others, and cut back on some of your vices, we at Greengo Recycling would like to remind you to make recycling part of your New Year’s resolutions.
It’s never too late to begin taking steps to reduce your carbon footprint. In 2018, strive to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Here are just 7 simple tips for cutting down on waste in the New Year.
1. Go paperless. If you haven’t already, let the New Year motivate you to finally make the switch from mailed bills and bank statements to a greener, digital format. If you’ve been getting catalogs that you don’t need, take the steps to take your name off those mailing lists.
2. Start composting. Many cities are beginning to institute composting collection, so now is the best time to start a compost in your yard or even indoors. Food waste makes up a large part of what ends up in landfills, but when you compost, you convert that waste to energy.
3. Ban Styrofoam. If you need disposable plates, opt for something more recyclable. You could also try suggesting that your favorite takeout place switch to something more environmentally friendly.
4. Bagless is better. You’ve heard it before, but this year, take action. Plastic bags get caught in recycling machines, so bring a bag with you when you go shopping. Bags that collapse into small pouches can be easily thrown into a purse or jacket pocket.
5. Cut down on vampire energy. When you’re not using one of your many electronic devices, unplug them.
6. BYOC: Bring your own cup or container. Coffee shops are unlikely to object to filling your washable to-go cups, and while your waiter might look askance at the to-go container you’ve brought from home, you can rest easy knowing every little bit helps.
7. Recycle! If you’re reading this blog, you likely recycle already, but this year, see if there’s something you can improve upon. Do you toss shredded paper in the trash? Throw away containers holding liquid just because you don’t want to pour it out? Take the steps necessary to be the best recycler you can be
8. Recycle or Sell it! Do you have old electronics laying around the house you don’t use anymore? Christmas lights that you just can’t seem to get to work? Why not bring it to one of our two locations in Barrie and make some extra cash to help with your holiday spending
481 Welham Road Unit 14 Barrie or 168 John Street Unit # 2
we accept thousands of different
household, commercial, and
Schedule Online -
We’ll Call You To Confirm Your Request
5 February 2020
Green-Go Recycling is extremely convenient, efficient, and environmentally conscious. Mike was exceptional - arriving with all requirements to move our large, heavy fridge. Randy was very helpful coordinating our drop-off and pick-up schedule. Thank you Green-Go Recycling staff!
13 January 2018
Green-Go Recycling has been very generous and helpful with our community project. It donated CD-ROM Drives and Power Packs we used to build a CNC Machine to demonstrate to young students how to code a CNC Machine during our annual National Engineering Month Event in March. We had the opportunity to see Green-Go's plant and was very impressed with its operation.
17 September 2013
So what if I own the company? It's freaking amazing, seriously. Come check us out. If everyone knew more about recycling everyone would recycle more!